poniedziałek, 31 sierpnia 2015

Down Memory Lane

Hej,
dzisiaj zdecydowałam się znowu sięgnąć po szarą kopertę jako bazę dla nowego wielowarstwowego wpisu. 
Hi, everyone!

My inspiration for today's piece was an ordinary brown envelope. I thought it would make an interesting background for my mixed media collage.



Zaczęłam od nałożenia cienkiej warstwy gesso, a następnie odbiłam świetny stempel Dirty Walls.
Tym razem wykorzystałam maskę z nożyczkami, nakładając przy jej użyciu pastę strukturalną. 
Kilka dni temu, razem z dziewczynami z DT, pokazywałyśmy jak można tworzyć różne warstwy. Ta myśl mnie nie opuszczała, głównie dlatego, że jest to jedna z moich ulubionych technik. Różne materiały, różne faktury. Tym razem wykorzystałam ścinki papieru z kolekcji Vintage Vanity, kawałki kanwy Newspapers, koronkę, tekturę z kartonu i wycinanki, które leżały od dawna zapomniane w moich szpargałach. Następnie całość pokryłam ponownie gesso, podsuszyłam i naniosłam czarnym tuszem stempel Messy. 
I started with a thin layer of White Gesso and then used one of the amazing stamps from the Dirty Walls setThen I reached for the 'Cut & Paste' stencil with this great scissors pattern + some Modeling Paste for extra texture in my background. Last Friday in our Spread Your Wings Academy we presented some ideas on how to create layers. I couldn't resist to keep creating as layering is one of my favorite techniques. I just love mixing different kinds of materials and textures. This time I used scraps of Vintage Vanity papers, some pieces of Newspaper resist canvas, lace, cardboard and long forgotten cut outs from my drawer. :) I covered all my elements with Gesso, I dried it all and stamped Messy stamp with black Archival Ink. 


Dołożyłam kilka dodatków, metalowe i ramkę z żywicy. Moim ostatnim krokiem było dodanie koloru - wykorzystałam turkusowy Mica Powder, kawę i musztardowy Color Bloom.
Then it was time for this special touch i.e. all the embellishments: some MechanicalsJunkyard Findings and a resin frame. I finished my collage adding some color - Teal Mica PowderMustard Color Bloom spray and... coffee staining. 



I hope you'll find this short tutorial inspiring and walk with me down Memory Lane. 




3 komentarze:

Dziękuję za każde słowo.
I really appreciate your kind words!